March 31

Carmen Sandiego

So recently Netflix has come out with a new show called Carmen Sandiego. I instantly started to love this show. The animation, the story, and the characters. The story is action packed and it is so fun to watch. admittedly Carmen Sandiego is a kids show. However I think a lot of people would like it. If you haven’t watched the show you really should and come back and read this post afterwards. As for the people that have keep on reading.

Let me tell you a little bit about the story. The main character is Carmen Sandiego but what makes her so interesting is her backstory. Carmen Sandiego is an orphan found by somebody  and she was brought to an island. This island is where she grew up and the only thing there was VILE academy. VILE Academy was a school for thieves and the staff and people there were the people that she grew up with. The people that took care of her. She was too young to apply for the school and she never was able to leave the island. So she never saw the outside world and all she knew came  from thieves. She eventually made contact of the outside world through a cell phone that she got a hold of. The person she came contact to became her best friend. When she was a bit older she applied for the academy and she got in. But once she got there she realized that not everything is as it seems. She realized that stealing was bad at that the people she grew up with hurt people. She found out what really VILE stood for. Villians Internation League of Evil. She decided to escape from VILE and with her took a harddrive of all the information of VILE’s little projects. That’s when our story begings.

Carmen sets out to stop VILE and all the terrible things they do. The person she came in contact to is called Player and he’s a white hat hacker. We see her adventures in stopping VILE and it’s such a fun story. Something I love about this show is the aesthetic of it. VILE always seems to take on the color red and Carmen in turn when she left VILE she herself took up the theme of the color red. She has the iconic red hat and coat. All her tools are red as well. The animation is stunning and the characters are extremly likeable.

Carmen Sandiego is a great show and I think it’s going to keep on getting better. The twist in the season finale sets up for a great story line ahead and I’m really excited. Something that is also great about the show is that it teaches the viewers along the episodes. I can’t wait to see season two and how this story is gonna go.

Thanks for reading!

-Mina ♥

(Photos from Unsplash)

Posted March 31, 2019 by hmsmina in category Intrests