April 29

Thor Ragnorock

Avengers Endgame came out only a few days ago but then I thought that that might end up spoiling the movie for my classmates so I decided to instead talk about some of my favorite movies from the Infinity Saga. So I wanted to talk about Thor Ragnorock. Also if it isn’t obvious there are spoilers for Thor Ragnorock.

If I’m being completely honest I have to say I didn’t really like Thor all that much until this movie. Don’t get me wrong I liked him but he was never a favorite. Also Thor the Dark World wasn’t the best MCU movie either. But when Thor Ragnorock came it changed a lot. They got a new director for the movie and everything changed. In all the movies beforehand Thor had this whole medieval thing with the way he speaks and he was always so serious and seemed so far away compared to the other heroes in the MCU. The movies were usually kinda dark and had very rare moments of lightheartedness.

Thor Ragnorock is a comedy and the movie has everything you want in a superhero movie. The characters were amazing in these movies. Even characters you’ve already known from other movies had a new sense of vibrancy to them especially Thor. The action is so fun and choreographed in a very interesting way. They used each character well in the way they fought and had new and interesting ways that they fought. The props and set were made really well and while looking at the screen there was so much detail and color. This movie is hilarious and yet it had its moments where it really pulled at your heartstrings.

Now let’s talk about what happened in the movie. Right off the bat the movie kinda takes everything away from the old movies and I got to say no ones really complaining. It was kind hinted at in the second movie that the whole Loki pretending to be Odin was going to be the main plot in the net movie but in the movie that was immediately resolving that. They take away his hammer. Then they take away his hair. (Which in my opinion looks better that way) And they end up doing a lot more but we’re not there yet. The fight scene in the arena between Thor and Hulk was really fun to watch. It was both funny and entertaining. Thor using his power without his hammer and getting a taste for how much power he has made me really excited for the rest of the movie. Hulk kinda being a bit more intelligent was a little unsettling at first but in a way it made sense and it was fun to watch too. Valkaryie is a fun addition and I really want to know more about her past. Loki and Thor’s scenes were the best by far. Every scene was pure gold and it really was accurate with how siblings actually act with each other. The scene where Thor finally unlocks his full potential and uses his power is a sight to behold. The music playing in the background and him crashing down towards the fighters on the rainbow bridge was amazing.

There are so many things that I want to talk about but this post is getting a bit long so I think I’m going to end it here. This movie is a really amazing addition the MCU and it made me love Thor so much. There was a lot of heart to it and it’s a fun twist to a classic superhero movie. I hoped you enjoyed reading my rant about this movie!

Thanks for reading!

-Mina ♥

If you want to know where you can watch it it’s available on Netflix.
If you want to just know more here’s a link to marvels official page for the movie.

Photos by Unsplash

Posted April 29, 2019 by hmsmina in category Intrests