April 30

Captain America: The Winter Solider

Captain America: The Winter Soldier has a different tone to a lot of the other films in Marvel. But the Russo’s did an excellent job on the film. I’m going to have a lot of spoilers in this rant so if you haven’t watched you should go watch it and come back when you’re done.

This film in a way a lot more like a spy/thriller movie compared to the rest. A lot of it is based on people or enhanced human beings and it’s based on Captain America that is working outside of the law against a corrupt government organization. This movie is my favorite Cap movie. In Avengers one he was sorta reduced to a guy who wasn’t used to the world at all. Admittedly he wasn’t the most interesting in the movie. Cap in the First Avengers was a good guy and was very charming. He was just a good guy through and through and in his eye’s the world is pretty black and white. But Winter Soldier is completely different from those two movies.

In this movie, it’s been some time since Cap came out of the ice and he had some time to adjust to the world around him. He really has the full extent of his powers in this movie and he knows what he’s doing. He’s not clueless like before and he actually a lot more easy going. He’s still Cap no doubt about it but he’s smarter and he also feels a lot more like a person. But then again he’s a lot stronger than the past movies and it finally seems like he’s just not a glorified human but an enhanced super soldier.

The movie from the start introduces a new character. Sam Wilson. I instantly liked this character. Sam and Steve immediately hit it off and connect through both of them have been part of the military. I don’t know how but they made Sam(The Falcon) incredibly entertaining and they made me love the dynamic between him and Steve. They work well together and in fights, they prove to be really efficient. Steve and Natasha’s relationship improve a lot in the movie and I got to say that it made me like Natasha a lot more. I always thought Black Widow was a cool and a great character but in the other movies you never really see any emotional part of her. In the Winter Soldier, we finally get to know her and I really liked her in the movie. Her and Cao become closer and they make as really good friends. Also, Black Widow finally gets to use her skills in the movie and I got to say she is one powerful character. Of course lastly, we have to talk about Bucky. I haven’t really read the comic books so the reveal actually was a surprise for me. But it made sense on why it affected Steve so much throughout the movie and the way it ended with Steve not fighting Bucky. In the movie, their story isn’t over but we see that Bucky might just be able to be more than the Winter Soldier.

This movie has so many amazing things to it and I have to say that the directors did an amazing job. The. fight scenes and choreography were amazing in this film and they applied it really well with their characters. There were so many amazing moments and this movie is by far one of my favorite MCU movies. I hope you enjoyed me gushing about Captain America: The Winer soldier.

Thanks for reading!

-Mina

This is a link to the fandom page for the movie.

This is a link to Marvels official page for the movie.

Photos from Unsplash

Posted April 30, 2019 by hmsmina in category Uncategorized