February 28

How To Train Your Dragon One

So the last movie in the How To Train Your Dragon trilogy came out so I wanted to write about each and every one of the movies. So for this post I wanted to talk about the first one (Spoilers btw)

The first movie is beautiful the animation is amazing and it’s done wonderfully. We are introduced to Hiccup and he’s a viking. His village is all about killing dragons and when he is faced to a deadly dragon he isn’t able to kill it. He and the dragons form a bond due to the dragon being unable to fly without Hiccup. The story continues on from that and it’s really interesting to see. They put so much detail in the movie and the characters and stories are amazing.

Hiccup and Toothless bond is really something to see and it’s so sweet. The final battle between Hiccup and Toothless with the red death is really cool and the way they defeat it ties really well into the stories. The things I appreciated the most was that Hiccup was actually harmed in the battle. It’s really uncommon for a kids movie to make the main character get hurt in the final battle and even more so have them become disabled. Hiccup losing his leg also made him and Toothless even closer I believe.

How To Train Your Dragon is amazing through and through. It has a compelling story with beautiful animation. The movie is part of my childhood and I think that anyone would enjoy it. The music and the scenes really bring you into the story and when Hiccup and Toothless first truly fly you really feel the excitement and joy of flying on a dragon. The scene where Hiccup and Toothless do the touch thing really tugs your heartstring. If you haven’t watched the movie you really should and if you have tell me if you liked it or not!

Thanks for reading!

-Mina ♥

Posted February 28, 2019 by hmsmina in category Uncategorized