February 15

Language Arts Work

For my best work, I chose to put in my book review. I don’t think it’s my very best but I think it’s more beneficial and makes more sense for the readers.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Last Olympian

So the book I’m going to talk about is the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan. It’s the last book of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. It’s a fantasy and adventure book and it’s for kids the same age of us to read. It took me about two days to read but it was summer so I had a lot of free time. I would rate it a 5/5. So here’s why.This book was an amazing ending to the series. Percy is a  demigod a son of Poseidon god of the sea and he is going up against a pretty much impossible enemy and the enemy’s entire army of monsters with only himself and  40 other kids. He is part of the Great Prophecy which is the whole set of problems and mystery with hidden meanings. The prophecy says he holds the fate of the gods and face a choice that may plunge the world into darkness or save the gods. He is faced with obstacles not just physically but mentally and take risks like no others. With major plot twists that make it impossible to put the book down/ While reading this book it constantly keeps you on the edge trying to figure what could possibly happen. It’s full moments that make your heart cry and moments that make you want to dance in joy. This story takes you right into and makes you feel and experience the events the way they do.It makes it seem like your right there with them and that’s why it’s so amazing. So if you like books that keep you on the edge and is full of magic but can make you crack a smile then you might just want to check this series slash book out.

So I hope you enjoyed and I hope it made you want to read the book. Thanks for reading!

-Mina

Posted February 15, 2018 by hmsmina in category Portfolio